Tuesday, April 21, 2009

whats that measurement.. right METRIC



Metric is back and in full force. For those who don't know Metric is a 4 piece out of Toronto. The new CD Fantasies is amazing piece of work from start to finish. The opening track Blindless a mid tempo track with some Air influences, slowly builds to a danceable groove. Collect call is a beautiful song, with one of my favorite lyrics " I know its a lie but I want it to be true, the rest of the ride depends on you." The rest of the album is a fantastic work of synth groove pop indie gems that not only hipsters would love, but everyone. Other favorites are Gold, Guns, Girls which like some of the other songs has a heavier feel to it.Check also: help I'm alive, gimmie sympathy, and stadium love. This CD should be played in every ones car, house, computer its that amazing. I always make claims to CD of the year but so far this is making the strongest statement ! Also check older releases: Grow Up and Blow Away, and Old World Underground. Also check there myspace for concert dates and new tunes, myspace.com/metric

P>S> I AM IN LOVE WITH LEAD SINGER I LOVE U EMILY MARRY ME !







M Ξ T R I C LIVE @ METROPOLIS: 'hustle rose' from deadchild star on Vimeo.

No comments: