Thursday, April 16, 2009

Pickup Pickup





When I first heard Silversun Pickups I was confused, is that a girl singing. When I first heard lazy eye I was on the edge of hating and loving. Its when I picked up their first full length Carnavas when I was made a believer. From the first song to the last this CD is a classic. Songs like checkered floor, well thought out twinkles, and rusty wheel were pure gems.The band consists of Brian Aubert (lead vocals/guitar), Nikki Monninger (bass/vocals), Christopher Guanlao (drums), and Joe Lester (keyboards). They hail from LA's silver lake music scene home to acts rilo kiley and elliot smith. Their original name was A Couple Of Couples, before changing to Silversun Pickups. Their current name comes from a liquor and convenience store near their house at Sunset and Silver Lake Blvds in Los Angeles. They have toured with the Foo fighters, and wolfmother. There latest Swoon picks up where the band left off in Carnavas but this time with a full head of steam. The opening track Theres no secret this year charges up the guitars and blasts off with full energy. From there the band jams through soon to be hits the Royal We, Its Nice To Know You Work Alone,and the first single Panic Switch, and my favorite Sort Of. Again this cd can be enjoyed from start to finish and I highly recommneded buying not downloading, this two classic albums. In The vein of smashing pumpkins, My bloody valentine, and sonic youth.

P.S. Plus I am totally in love with the Bassist





No comments: