Saturday, April 18, 2009

Rocky Soap





So I downloaded the entourage s3 soundtrack and found this little gem, what else is there by royskopp. I was hooked I blasted that song for days. I actually went out and bought one of their CDs which is rare for me and played it literally till it broke. Royskopp is a norwegain electronic music duo made up of memebers Torbjørn Brundtland and Svein Berge. They formed in 1998 and released their first album melody am 2001. Royskopp is a norwegain word for puffball mushroom or "smoke mushroom". They have won many awards in europe including best elecronic album for melody am, best pop group, and best music video for both remind me and eple. With there latest release they are back in full force. From the opening track Happy Up Here, it lets you know this cd is one to blast to start a all night dance parade. They defiantly explore some wider varietys of sounds on this album prior to earlier releases. Tracks like The Girl and The Robot which includes swedish singer Robyn, and This Must Be It, just beg for late night dance floors in europe or LA. This must be it actually features the knife one of my favorite Dj duos I will post about another time. The rest of the CD is a rollercoaster ride of electro that makes you feel like your right in the middle of a european dance club. Check out their ROKYSOPP Night out , which is a live concert they did in 2002. One of my favorite track is the remix of go with the flow orignally done by Queens of The Stone Age. For fans of : The Knife, Telepop Musick, Air, and Groove Armada.







Royksopp - What Else Is There from Razvan George on Vimeo.


Royksopp - 49% from blunt films on Vimeo.

No comments: